- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Federal-Style Home > Episode 5: Molding Plaster Details
Built-in-Place Kitchen Cabinets
Project: Federal-Style Home, Episode 5, Part 3
With the antique plaster cornice work repaired, the mason demonstrates how to blend the joints between the cornice and the new drywall. Also, Bob takes a field trip to Millford Plantation, a spectacular Greek Revival governor's mansion with echoes of the Civil War still ringing through its halls. Back at the site, salvaged glass doors are incorporated into the new custom kitchen cabinets.
- Part 1: Plaster and Cornice Work
- Part 2: Tour of Millford Plantation
- Part 3: Built-in-Place Kitchen Cabinets
- Bob meets with restoration contractor Richard Marks to discuss the built-in-place kitchen cabinets. Richard explains the floor plan and appliance placement.
Bob Vila tackles the revitalization of an exquisite Federal-style home, built in the early 1800s, which survived the Civil War but barely survived Hurricane Hugo in 1989. A major aspect of the project is the painstaking process of restoring the original plaster ornamentation and woodwork to their original detail.
ALL EPISODES IN FEDERAL-STYLE HOME