- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cabin in the Woods > Episode 1: Foundation, Framing, and Septic System
Installing the Precast Foundation
Project: Cabin in the Woods, Episode 1, Part 2
Bob begins this project in a woodsy setting, and, alongside contractor Bob Ryley, discusses plans for the tiny, romantic weekend getaway cottage to be built on the site. The crew gets started right away with the new pre-cast foundation system from Superior Walls of America. The latest in streamlined septic system is installed the same day, and the crew gets started framing the first floor deck.
- Part 1: Precast Foundation System
- Part 2: Installing the Precast Foundation
- The basement walls are lifted into place and secured. This system is ideal for cold weather installation as the concrete is already cured before delivery. The prebuilt walls have R5 insulation and steel reinforced concrete studs.
- Part 3: Innovative Septic System Installation
Bob Vila explores the concept of sustainable design by putting resource management theories into practice for everyday living. Projects include a pre-cast foundation system, earth-friendly septic system, energy-efficient appliances, and more.
ALL EPISODES IN CABIN IN THE WOODS
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila