- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian > Episode 4: Raising the Walls
Laying the Decking for the First Floor
Project: Victorian, Episode 4, Part 1
Special truss joists on the bedroom wing are installed, and, as the walls are raised, Bob explains the advantages of Western balloon framing. Also, Bob takes a trip to the breathtaking Lyndhurst mansion for a taste of Victorian high living in New York's Hudson River Valley.
- Part 1: Laying the Decking for the First Floor
- Having reviewed their work on preparing the site, Bob and contractor Bob Ryley begin laying the first-floor decking by using glue and nails to attach the plywood decking to the special truss joists, which are made of OSB and laminated plywood.
- Part 2: Lyndhurst Mansion Tour
- Part 3: Gable Addition Framing
Bob Vila tackles a remodeling and construction project on the island of Martha's Vineyard. The expansion of the cabin transforms a tiny vacation home into a spacious family retreat with an authentic 'Vineyard Victorian' look.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN