- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian > Episode 10: Installing Shingles and Tin Ceiling
Window Trim and Scalloped Shingles
Project: Victorian, Episode 10, Part 1
The crew applies gingerbread and decorative shingling to the exterior of the Martha's Vineyard project house. Bob and contractor Bob Ryley demonstrate how to install a unique stamped-tin ceiling in the kitchen. Exterior painting begins on the gable end. And also, Bob takes a tour of the eye-catching Camp Meeting grounds, accompanied by a colorist who can help choose the color scheme for the house.
- Part 1: Window Trim and Scalloped Shingles
- Bob and contractor Bob Ryley confer about adding trim to the curvilinear top edge of an arched window. After sheet lead is installed as flashing, Ryley attaches scalloped shingles.
- Part 2: Staining the Exterior
- Part 3: Installing Tin Ceiling Sheaths
Bob Vila tackles a remodeling and construction project on the island of Martha's Vineyard. The expansion of the cabin transforms a tiny vacation home into a spacious family retreat with an authentic 'Vineyard Victorian' look.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN