- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 3: Framing and Cutting Rafters
Home Addition and Construction Timeline
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 3, Part 3
Bob reviews the process of framing the new first floor layout, then takes a tour of another project in the works: the U.S.S. Constitution, in drydock for repairs in Boston Harbor. Returning to Wayland, contractor Bob Ryley explains how the rafters are cut for the new roof.
- Part 1: Framing the First Floor
- Part 2: Touring "Old Ironsides"
- Part 3: Home Addition and Construction Timeline
- Bob remarks on how much progress has been made in one week of work on the Wayland project home. The footings have been established and the crew has begun building walls.
- Part 4: Raising Gable Ends and Cutting Rafters
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION