- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 8: Framing the Porch and Installing a Shower
Building a Medicine Cabinet
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 8, Part 3
Carpenters begin framing the new farmer's porch while the plumber demonstrates how to install an acrylic shower stall in the kids' bathroom. Contractors Larry Landers and Bob Ryley jump ahead to look at how easy it is to make a great bathroom accessory: a birch plywood medicine chest.
- Part 1: Building the Farmer's Porch
- Part 2: Shower Stall Installation
- Part 3: Building a Medicine Cabinet
- Bob helps contractor Bob Ryley hand-craft a medicine cabinet using a radial arm saw, Dado blade, router, screws, and carpenter's glue.
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION