- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Split-Level Ranch > Episode 9: Masonry and Flooring
Constructing an Insulated Floor
Project: Split-Level Ranch, Episode 9, Part 3
At the Plymouth project house, Bob demonstrates some masonry techniques for rebuilding a crumbling barbecue. Next, Bob takes a field trip to Plimoth Plantation to tour the village replica of early Colonial life. Back at the site, workers are busy constructing an insulated floor to expand living space into the basement.
- Part 1: Repairing the Outdoor Barbecue
- Part 2: Visiting Plimoth Plantation
- Part 3: Constructing an Insulated Floor
- Bob helps carpenter-contractor Bob Ryley build an insulated floor so as to extend living space into the basement.
Bob Vila is in Plymouth, MA, to oversee the remodel of a worn-out, 17-year-old raised ranch with problems familiar to many homeowners. The façade is re-sided and repainted, windows are replaced, and a new entry is built. Inside, the new bath and kitchen, which are added, provide the project highlights.
ALL EPISODES IN SPLIT-LEVEL RANCH