- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cracker Cottage > Episode 8: Constructing the Swimming Pool and Shower Stall
Gunite Cement in Swimming Pool Construction
Project: Cracker Cottage, Episode 8, Part 2
Pool construction continues with gunite being sprayed over reinforcing bars to form the walls and floor. In New York City, Bob tours a sister project, the conversion of an abandoned tenement into affordable housing. Finally, cultured marble is cut and assembled in the bathroom to create a shower stall.
- Part 1: Installing Cultured Marble Shower Walls
- Part 2: Gunite Cement in Swimming Pool Construction
- Bob observes as gunite is poured over rebar to form the bottom and sides of the swimming pool cavity.
- Part 3: Meeting Jim Ross in NYC
Bob Vila rejuvenates a modest but classic Florida house, focusing on light, ventilation, and outdoor living. Projects include opening walls, improving air conditioning and ventilation, blowing in some insulation, and putting in a new entry.
ALL EPISODES IN CRACKER COTTAGE