- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cape-Style Home > Episode 1: Clearing the Lot
Clearing Trees and Stumping
Project: Cape-Style Home, Episode 1, Part 2
Bob tours the sights and sounds of Marstons Mills, MA to visit architect Gordon Clark. Bob surveys the lot, talks about "perc" testing, and observes the preliminary work for building a new Cape-style house: clearing trees and stumping, excavating and pouring the foundation.
- Part 1: Tour of Marstons Mills, MA
- Part 2: Clearing Trees and Stumping
- Bob surveys the lot and oversees the preliminary work for building a new Cape Cod-style house.
- Part 3: Designs and Pouring the Foundation
Bob Vila's first project for "Home Again" is a Cape Cod-style home in Marstons Mills, MA. Bob takes the viewer through all the steps of building a house from scratch: from architect’s plans and foundation digging to framing, cedar shingling, installing a heating system, and using artist’s paint techniques on the interior.
ALL EPISODES IN CAPE-STYLE HOME