- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cape-Style Home > Episode 2: Ell and Deck
Visiting Shepley Wood Products
Project: Cape-Style Home, Episode 2, Part 2
The crew lowers the recycled "ell" onto the new foundation with a crane. Bob visits Shepley Wood Products to talk about what to look for when ordering lumber. Back at the site, the girt beam is raised and the first floor deck is built.
- Part 1: Lowering the "Ell" Onto the Foundation
- Part 2: Visiting Shepley Wood Products
- Bob visits Shepley Wood Products to discuss what to look for when ordering lumber.
- Part 3: Raising the Girt Beam and Building the Deck
Bob Vila's first project for "Home Again" is a Cape Cod-style home in Marstons Mills, MA. Bob takes the viewer through all the steps of building a house from scratch: from architect’s plans and foundation digging to framing, cedar shingling, installing a heating system, and using artist’s paint techniques on the interior.
ALL EPISODES IN CAPE-STYLE HOME