- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 2: Demolition Begins
Architectural Plans, Demolition, and Door Discovery
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 2, Part 1
Work gets started as Greg Rochlin presents architectural plans and demolition begins, revealing an old pocket door. Bob and Ryley take apart the staircase banister. Bob joins Brian Pfeiffer to tour the neighborhood and check out other historical homes.
- Part 1: Architectural Plans, Demolition, and Door Discovery
- Work gets started as Gregory Rochlin presents color-coded architectural plans for the first floor, detailing what will be demolished, what's existing, and what new construction will be undertaken. Demolition begins, and an old pocket door is revealed.
- Part 2: Touring Historic Homes in Cambridge, MA
- Part 3: Second-Floor Plans, Door Demolition, and Staircase Disassembly
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom