- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 3: Adding a New Load-Bearing Beam
Evaluating the HVAC and Plumbing System
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 3, Part 3
With demolition completed, other surprises are revealed. Structural engineer Rene Mugnier explains how to fix the kitchen ceiling and two floors above, which are found to be dangerously unsupported, with the addition of a new load-bearing structural beam. Work begins on the new plumbing system.
- Part 1: Fixing the Unsupported Kitchen Ceiling
- Part 2: Installing a New Structural Support Beam
- Part 3: Evaluating the HVAC and Plumbing System
- Bob meets with HVAC and plumbing contractor Frank Iadarola to look at a 40-year-old furnace that needs to be replaced with a more efficient system. They discuss the layout of the plumbing and waste pipes and the best way to begin the remodeling process. Upstairs, a workman is cutting off old pipes. Then Bob joins carpenter Bob Ryley in the kitchen, where he's attaching joists to the beams.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME