- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 8: Deck Framing and Window Installation
Brick Chimney Repair
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 8, Part 2
Framing has begun on the new backyard deck, and brickmasons repair the chimney on the third floor. The custom Palladian window from Marvin is installed in the third floor family room.
- Part 1: Laying Out and Framing the Deck
- Part 2: Brick Chimney Repair
- Bob meets with Ed and Lisa Zywusko, a husband-and-wife masonry team, and sees how they are going to refurbish the old brick chimney. Ed demonstrates the techniques used to lay the cement and place the bricks in place. Bob tries his hand at it too.
- Part 3: Installing a Marvin Palladian Window
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom