- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 11: Blueboard and Plastering Are Underway
Applying a Veneer Coat of Plaster over Blueboard
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 11, Part 3
Blue board and plastering are underway, and Bob gets quick tips from the pros on how to make the job go more smoothly. Ryley and Danny install a huge double window to let the sunlight pour into the new kitchen, and Bob takes us to Stockbridge, MA, to tour Naumkeag, a wonderful example of the grand Shingle Style by Stanford White.
- Part 1: Placing Windows on a Home's Facade
- Part 2: Touring the Shingle Style Naumkeag Historic House
- Part 3: Applying a Veneer Coat of Plaster over Blueboard
- Bob explains how the blue board and corner bead are attached, and talks about factory edge seams. Bob interviews Carlos Londono, a plastering contractor, who demonstrates how to apply a veneer coat of plaster over blue board. Bob tries it himself and points out that it is more difficult than it looks.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME