- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 12: Digging a Trench, Touring Historic Gardens, and Trimming the Interior
Touring the Naumkeag Historic House Gardens
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 12, Part 2
Bob returns to the Stockbridge, MA landmark home Naumkeag for a tour of the elaborate gardens. On the third floor, we’re ready for some interior trim with Ryley. Outside, a trench is dug for the new water service from the city main into the house.
- Part 1: Excavating to Install a New Waterline
- Part 2: Touring the Naumkeag Historic House Gardens
- Bob takes a break from putting his own landscape in order to tour the elaborate gardens at the Naumkeag historic house in Stockbridge, MA. Eight of the property's fifty acres are landscaped. Bob and curator Mark Bauer walk through cascading stairs with fountains, stop by the terraces and rose garden, and observe the international touches from Europe and Asia.
- Part 3: Hanging Old Doors, Installing New Door Trim, and Outfitting the Windows
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom