- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 15: Trim and Paneling Get Underway
Installing Wall Paneling in the Entranceway and Visiting the Completed Tiled Shower
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 15, Part 3
Trim and paneling get underway in the entryway, living room, and front hall to return some of the house’s original formality and grandeur. Bob takes us on a visit to the Isaac Bell House in Newport, RI, for a look at one of the finest examples of the Shingle Style to be found anywhere.
- Part 1: Creating a Cornice Molding for the Dining Room
- Part 2: Touring the Isaac Bell Historic House
- Part 3: Installing Wall Paneling in the Entranceway and Visiting the Completed Tiled Shower
- Bob focuses on the entrance door to his living room and on its paneling, which is inspired by designs found in the Isaac Bell historic house. He then moves on to the guest bathroom and looks at the completed shower, where the tile work has been finished and the floor now sports a dramatic pattern. In the guest bedroom, the original window sash is back from repair, waiting to be installed to its former glory.
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom