- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 20: Landscaping is Underway and Touring Frederick Law Olmsted's Home
Installing Bluestone Pavers on the Terrace
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 20, Part 3
The landscape hardscape is underway: a special retaining wall product provides an elevated terrace, and the lower back yard terrace gets paved with bluestone. We visit the home of Frederick Law Olmsted, the landscape architect responsible for most of this country's great public parks.
- Part 1: Installing a Retaining Wall
- Part 2: Touring Fairsted, Frederick Law Olmsted's Home
- Part 3: Installing Bluestone Pavers on the Terrace
- Bob meets with Mark Marini of Schumacher Landscaping to discuss the installation of the bluestone pavers on the lower terrace. Bob helps lay several of the pavers and watches as a stone corner is cut to fit around a planter box.
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom