- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 21: Kitchen Installations, Planting, and Burpee Garden Tour
Touring the Burpee Trial Gardens
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 21, Part 2
In the kitchen, soapstone countertops, the kitchen sink, and a new Moen faucet get installed. Outside, planting is underway, as the landscapers plant a tree in the bluestone terrace. Bob takes us on a trip to the Burpee Seeds trial gardens in Pennsylvania.
- Part 1: Installing a Soapstone Kitchen Counter
- Part 2: Touring the Burpee Trial Gardens
- Bob visits the Burpee trial gardens in Ambler, PA, with George Ball, Burpee president and CEO. George explains the objectives of a trial garden and shows off new plants and flowers.
- Part 3: Planting a Tree in the Patio
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom