- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 21: Kitchen Installations, Planting, and Burpee Garden Tour
Installing a Soapstone Kitchen Counter
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 21, Part 1
In the kitchen, soapstone countertops, the kitchen sink, and a new Moen faucet get installed. Outside, planting is underway, as the landscapers plant a tree in the bluestone terrace. Bob takes us on a trip to the Burpee Seeds trial gardens in Pennsylvania.
- Part 1: Installing a Soapstone Kitchen Counter
- Bob discusses installation and care of the new kitchen soapstone countertop with Todd Allen, who has done the work. John easily installs the Moen faucet. Bob also tours the kitchen, showing the cabinetry, storage, future mudroom, and small office.
- Part 2: Touring the Burpee Trial Gardens
- Part 3: Planting a Tree in the Patio
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom