- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 23: Installing Windows and Finishing Planting and Faux Painted Walls
Applying Decorative Painting Techniques
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 23, Part 2
New storm windows are being installed on the outside of the house, and planting is finishing up in the newly designed front yard. The landscape architects are on site to explain the changes that were required by the city. Inside, a special faux paint finish is being applied in the master bedroom, and we take a peek at how those fabulous tiles have come together in the master bath.
- Part 1: Revising the Landscaping Plan
- Part 2: Applying Decorative Painting Techniques
- Bob meets with artist and faux-painting expert Kim Sweet, who is applying a gold parchment effect on the master bedroom walls. Kim shows her process for applying glazes at random for a natural effect. Bob tries his hand at applying some color.
- Part 3: Installing Paneling in the Master Bedroom Closet
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom