- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 26: Touring the Completed House, Continued
Installing Custom Shower Doors, Bath Hardware, and CO Detectors
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 26, Part 3
This is it! The house is finished, and Bob and the interior designers take a look at how all the fabrics, colors, and furnishings have come together. Kim Sweet puts the finishing touches on some spectacular faux painting jobs, Ryley installs a lockset in the powder room door, and we install Ketchum shower doors in the master bath. Bob shows off some of the latest gadgets like the Marvel wine cellarette and the handy WoodWaiter.
- Part 1: Installing Restored Brass Door Hardware and Faux Finishing the Mantelpiece
- Part 2: Touring the Completed Home Interior, Entryway, and Dining Room
- Part 3: Installing Custom Shower Doors, Bath Hardware, and CO Detectors
- Bob meets with Greg VanGrover of Ketcham Reflections to observe the finishing touches in the bathroom shower. VanGrover works with architectural drawings to custom fit the shower doors and glass walls. In older homes, his factory-trained installers make a site visit prior to fabrication to ensure the space is plumb and level. Downstairs, Bob meets with electrician Barry Driscoll to discuss the importance of carbon monoxide detectors. In the basement, Bob shows off his mini wine cellar with a Marvel Cellarette, as well as a wood waiter from Bruce Fowler Industries of Quebec, Canada. This wood elevator transports wood from a basement storage area to a cabinet near the fireplace, sparing heavy lifting.
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom