- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Storm-Ready Design > Episode 6: Faux Columns and a Gunite Pool
Installing a Soaking Tub With Jets
Project: Storm-Ready Design, Episode 6, Part 3
- Part 1: Creating Decorative Styrofoam Columns
- Part 2: Building a Gunite Cement Swimming Pool
- Part 3: Installing a Soaking Tub With Jets
- Dan Gerry from Tranquility Plumbing is in the master bath for the installation of a jetted soaking tub.
First, a sand mix is poured underneath the tub to stabilize it and give it a good, firm seat. The Royal Bath Livingston tub is entirely acrylic so it will combat mold or mildew and resist scratching.
The self-draining tub weighs over 200 pounds and comes complete with circulation tubing. The lines can be easily cleaned monthly with a rinse of bleach and water. It comes complete and ready to install for around $700.
ALL EPISODES IN STORM-READY DESIGN