- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 13: Brooklyn Project Wrap-Up
Finishing the Façade & Touring the Completed Apartments
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 13, Part 1
Al Henriquez and the crew from Two Trees Development are hard at work installing the doorjamb and cement stairs. Meanwhile, Dave Andersen from Pasvalco, a New Jersey-based stone company, explains the creation of the unique stone steps leading into the building.
To everyone's delight, celebrity chef Jacques Torres makes a quick cameo, when he delivers some treats from his neighborhood chocolate shop.
Inside, Bob points out the finished Toto USA bathroom suite on the second floor and the Owens Corning QuietZone Solserene Acoustical Ceiling on the third floor.
On the fourth floor, Bob looks around the finished space with the designers, Jonathan Adler and Darren Brown. Lighting designer Markus Earley also joins Bob, before he completes his tour by appreciating the state-of-the-art Dacor kitchen appliances.
- Part 1: Finishing the Façade & Touring the Completed Apartments
- The façade of the Brooklyn warehouse rehab project building is almost fully restored, with progress having been delayed by the necessity of fulfilling Landmarks Commission requirements. Repointing is complete, new windows have been installed (and painted a historically accurate color), lintels have been repaired, and so on.
Bluestone for the entry stairs has been quarried from along the New York-Pennsylvania border, then cut to the right dimensions and weather-treated.
Jacques Torres, celebrity chef and the proprietor of the gourmet chocolate shop down the street, arrives with hot chocolate for Bob and Chris Vila.
The storefront has been manufactured locally, in DUMBO itself, by Chris Perry Woodworking. Inside the residential part of the building, Bob points out the Toto USA fixtures in the second-floor bathroom as well as the Owens Corning Solserene sound-absorbing ceiling on the third floor.
- Part 2: Reviewing the Penthouse Living Area & Kitchen
- Part 3: Reviewing the Penthouse Bedroom & Office
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB