- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 4: Brick Façade Restoration and Window Installation
Pella Window Installation
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 4, Part 3
On the exterior, power washing is underway on the front façade, while Bob pays a visit to Jane Walentas, part of DUMBO's growing artist community.
Back on site, new six-by-six double-hung Pella windows are being installed on the fourth floor.
- Part 1: Interior Layout and Exterior Brickwork
- Part 2: Artist Community in DUMBO
- Part 3: Pella Window Installation
- Bob meets with Brian Kaley and Tim McFadden from Pella Windows to discuss fenestration for the warehouse rehab project. Pella will be supplying windows similar to those that were used in the original structure. It's a six-over-six-pane double-hung design with a 3-1/2-inch bottom rail. To secure the new window, the crew from Dino's Construction builds a wooden frame with two-by-six framing stock. With the window dry fit into place, Bob discusses the proper methods of insulating the gaps between the frame and the masonry.
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB