- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 5: Electrical Work, Navy Yard Tour, and Insulation Install
Brooklyn Navy Yard Tour
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 5, Part 2
The electrician, Eddie Fisher, uses metal-shielded cable to reduce the possibility of damaging power lines, both during installation and over the building's lifespan.
Insulation is also going on. Bob joins George Saylor from Owens Corning to learn more about the type of insulation being used in the apartments.
Taking a break from the action at the project building, Bob tours the Brooklyn Navy Yard, the country's oldest dry dock. Now converted for a variety of functions, the Navy Yard houses everything from television and film production studios to commuter boat docks.
- Part 1: Residential Electrical Wiring
- Part 2: Brooklyn Navy Yard Tour
- Eric Deutsch, former president of the Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation, gives Bob a tour of the nation's first federal boat-building facility.
Today, the Navy Yard is owned by New York City and leased out to private developers. The property is 300 acres in size with 45 buildings enclosing approximately 3.5 million square feet.
- Part 3: Insulation Install
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB