- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 11: Roof Deck and High-Tech Bathroom Features
Antique-Look Bathroom Sink, Soaking Tub, and Quartz Tile Installation
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 11, Part 2
With the toilet in place, the installation of the marble sink top and Toto USA vanity is next. Also in the bathroom is a Toto USA Baldwin Suite soaking tub that's been set into a custom-built stainless steel surround.
As the bathroom takes shape, Bob heads to famed Coney Island with Borough President Marty Markowitz to get a closer look at this historic section of Brooklyn.
Back on location, Bob takes a quick look at the progress being made on the roof deck.
- Part 1: Toto Low-Flow Toilet
- Part 2: Antique-Look Bathroom Sink, Soaking Tub, and Quartz Tile Installation
- Bob observes as the crew installs a custom vanity countertop and undermount sinks from Toto USA. The heavy white marble countertop is braced on the wall with a wood strip, anchored to the studs and supported from the floor with antique-style chrome legs. Bob points out that the acrylic tub from Toto's Baldwin Suite is a true soaking tub, measuring 22-inches deep and 72-inches long. Borrowing from industrial styling, the custom tub surround is constructed of 16-gauge stainless steel. Meanwhile, the tile floor in the penthouse bathroom is being installed. The tile is a manmade product from Turkey called Sim Stone. Buttered with thin-set mortar, the tiles are laid into the two-inch thick Portland cement substrate. Sim Stone tiles are similar to ceramic tiles but have a high quartz content. They are appropriate for use in kitchens and bathrooms, as they are almost impenetrable to liquids and staining.
- Part 3: Touring Coney Island
- Part 4: Building the Roof Deck With Ipe
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB