- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 12: Penthouse Interior Design
Touring the Jonathan Adler Soho Boutique
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 12, Part 4
Project manager Chris Vila joins artisan Jonas Everets to learn more about the faux Marmorino finish that is being applied to the walls of the penthouse. A combination of marble dust, pigments, and plaster, Marmorino takes a bit of artistry to apply and gives the space a unique look. It is a multi-step process that involves masking-off the work area, applying a base primer coat, a top coat of tinted plaster, and finally a wax finish.
Next, Bob joins designers Jonathan Adler and Darren Brown to talk about their plans for the top-floor apartment. And finally, Bob travels into Manhattan to visit Adler's retail store in the SoHo shopping district.
- Part 1: Applying Marmorino Plaster
- Part 2: Waxing Venetian Plaster
- Part 3: Planning the Decor
- Part 4: Touring the Jonathan Adler Soho Boutique
- Jonathan Adler invites Bob into his Soho boutique, which features an eclectic collection of furniture and housewares, including a low mohair lounge couch and bold, eye-catching needepoint pillows. Adler explains that he started off as a potter and often found himself working 12-hour days. Eventually, he found an organization called Aid to Artisans, which connects American artists with artisans in developing countries. Now, Adler makes a prototype and counterparts in Peru produce replications. Many things found in the boutique, Adler promises, will be used in the penthouse apartment.
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB