- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Miami Beach Condo > Episode 1: Miami Real Estate Search
Locating the Ideal Miami Condo Fixer-Upper
Project: Miami Beach Condo, Episode 1, Part 2
With the help of realtor Gina Kirkpatrick, Bob finds the ideal fixer-upper. Bob and architect Michael Pierce walk through the dated rooms, brainstorming ways to admit more light into the condo and to make this 950-square-foot space feel less cramped.
Looking onto Biscayne Bay from the terrace of the apartment, Bob imagines the condo being a vacation home. With that specific image in mind, Bob prepares to usher in a fresher, less confined look and feel.
- Part 1: History of Miami Beach & Tour of Fountainbleau
- Part 2: Locating the Ideal Miami Condo Fixer-Upper
- Miami real estate broker Gina Kirkpatrick shows Bob an apartment building designed by Morris Lapidus in 1967. The building, just far enough from the beach to make it affordable, contains a number of modest units.
At the same time, the condo is just close enough to everything else Miami Beach offers to make it a potentially terrific getaway home. Led by Kirkpatrick, Bob has his initial tour of the one-bedroom 950-square-foot apartment.
- Part 3: Evaluating the Miami Beach One-Bedroom
The kitchen is converted into an elegant dining space looking onto the living area, while a closet is transformed into a bar with recessed lighting and glass shelves. And the small bathroom turns into an oasis with luminous glass tile, a wash of color, and sleek new fixtures.
Pocket doors with an antique-look are installed so as to separate the living and sleeping spaces, and furniture is selected to reflect Miami's unique personality.
Finally, the outdoor space overlooking Biscayne Bay is made practical and, perhaps most importantly, comfortable.
ALL EPISODES IN MIAMI BEACH CONDO