- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Miami Beach Condo > Episode 2: Miami Condo Demolition & Designer House Tour
Seeking Design Ideas for the Miami Condo
Project: Miami Beach Condo, Episode 2, Part 3
A tour of a recently remodeled condo in the same complex gives Bob some ideas for design treatments that work in small spaces.
- Part 1: Discussing Architectural Ideas for the Miami Condo
- Part 2: Discussing Controlled Demolition in a High-Rise
- Part 3: Seeking Design Ideas for the Miami Condo
- DD Allen shows off her updated 600-square-foot retreat in downtown Miami. Originally a one-bedroom, Allen has converted the aparment into a studio. Allen uses a pale lime green on the walls, and turquoise on the floor, as well as muted blues and greens throughout. The color continues in the bathroom, where Allen has used iridescent tile and a vintage green Art Deco porcelain sink (from the San Remo in New York). To provide additional water views, Allen has placed mirrors strategically around the condo in order to give visitors unexpected glimpses of the sea and sky.
The kitchen is converted into an elegant dining space looking onto the living area, while a closet is transformed into a bar with recessed lighting and glass shelves. And the small bathroom turns into an oasis with luminous glass tile, a wash of color, and sleek new fixtures.
Pocket doors with an antique-look are installed so as to separate the living and sleeping spaces, and furniture is selected to reflect Miami's unique personality.
Finally, the outdoor space overlooking Biscayne Bay is made practical and, perhaps most importantly, comfortable.
ALL EPISODES IN MIAMI BEACH CONDO