- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Lifespan House > Episode 4: Fireplace and Porch Columns
Reviewing the Home's Framing
Project: Lifespan House, Episode 4, Part 2
General contractors Kevin and Betsy Kalman update Bob on the progress made so far. Masons are hard at work constructing the fireplace, a special Superior Clay Rumford Firebox. Outside, Bob and Jeff Davis (from Chadsworth Columns) oversee the installation of new columns along the porch. Back inside, the finishing touches are being put on the Rumford firebox.
- Part 1: Building a Rumford Fireplace
- Part 2: Reviewing the Home's Framing
- Bob reviews the frame of the home and the interior layout. The home's family room features a cathedral ceiling and a recessed area for a media center. The kitchen features a butler's pantry and a porch.
- Part 3: Securing Load-Bearing Columns
- Part 4: Installing the Fireplace Throat and Flue
Bob Vila heads to the Low Country: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Steeped in tradition, this historic suburb of Charleston is the scene, not only of a remarkable new home, but of a remarkable transformation in suburban living at the developing community of I'On.
ALL EPISODES IN LIFESPAN HOUSE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila