- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 5: Repairing the Front Façade
Stripping Paint From an Antique Cabinet
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 5, Part 2
Bob and carpenter Cortney Lofton demolish the kitchen sink and cabinets to make room for the new ones, while homeowners Gavin and Michelle Langley shop for a vintage cabinet at Big 10 Building Materials, a salvage yard in Alta Dena. They bring a cabinet back home and strip off the yellow paint. Also, the front facade gets a facelift, with its weather-beaten clapboarding and trim replaced.
- Part 1: Kitchen Demolition
- Part 2: Stripping Paint From an Antique Cabinet
- Bob works with the homeowners, who are stripping old paint off an antique cabinet. On top of the chemicals used to loosen the paint, they discuss the several safety precautions taken to ensure proper ventilation.
- Part 3: Installing Clapboard Siding on the Front Porch
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila