- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 8: Framing the Porch and Installing a Shower
Building the Farmer's Porch
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 8, Part 1
Carpenters begin framing the new farmer's porch while the plumber demonstrates how to install an acrylic shower stall in the kids' bathroom. Contractors Larry Landers and Bob Ryley jump ahead to look at how easy it is to make a great bathroom accessory: a birch plywood medicine chest.
- Part 1: Building the Farmer's Porch
- Bob discusses the process of building the farmer's porch with contractor Larry Landers. The natural crowning of wood is discussed, as are methods for ensuring a level surface.
- Part 2: Shower Stall Installation
- Part 3: Building a Medicine Cabinet
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION