- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cracker Cottage > Episode 4: Installing a Door and Removing Paint
Installing a Pocket Door
Project: Cracker Cottage, Episode 4, Part 1
Bob installs a pocket door to maximize space and mask the bathroom entry. Then Bob tours a salvage yard to shop for doors and bathroom vanities. Finally, the exterior is pressure-washed to remove paint efficiently.
- Part 1: Installing a Pocket Door
- Bob helps contractor Al Stiles change a swinging door into a relocated pocket door.
- Part 2: Shopping the Architectural Salvage Yard
- Part 3: Power-Washing the Exterior
Bob Vila rejuvenates a modest but classic Florida house, focusing on light, ventilation, and outdoor living. Projects include opening walls, improving air conditioning and ventilation, blowing in some insulation, and putting in a new entry.
ALL EPISODES IN CRACKER COTTAGE