- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 9: Working on the Deck
Insulating and Soundproofing the Attic
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 9, Part 3
An insulation expert explains the different uses for Owens Corning insulation products. Ryley shows how the redwood decking is added to the backyard deck for optimal drainage and paint de-leading is underway on the dining room hutch and mantel.
- Part 1: Building a Redwood Deck and a Redwood-and-Cedar Fence
- Part 2: Stripping Paint to Reveal Original Detailing
- Part 3: Insulating and Soundproofing the Attic
- Bob talks with Anderson Insulation about attic space that's being converted into a teenager's room. Since entertainment equipment will go in this space, controlling the noise will be an important consideration, along with controlling heat and energy loss. Eric Anderson, owner of Anderson Insulation, shows Bob the Owens Corning products used in the job. A member of the crew fills interior walls and floors with QuietZone, a sound attenuation batt. Bob and Eric also discuss house wrap and R-factor.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME