- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 15: Trim and Paneling Get Underway
Creating a Cornice Molding for the Dining Room
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 15, Part 1
Trim and paneling get underway in the entryway, living room, and front hall to return some of the house’s original formality and grandeur. Bob takes us on a visit to the Isaac Bell House in Newport, RI, for a look at one of the finest examples of the Shingle Style to be found anywhere.
- Part 1: Creating a Cornice Molding for the Dining Room
- Bob helps carpenter Bob Ryley create an elaborate five-piece cornice molding in the dining room. Ryley has created a raised working environment around the perimeter of the room and begun cutting the many pieces needed to create the ornate molding.
- Part 2: Touring the Isaac Bell Historic House
- Part 3: Installing Wall Paneling in the Entranceway and Visiting the Completed Tiled Shower
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom