- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 18: Toilet and Vanity Installation, Fixtures Factory Tour, and Custom Closets
Reviewing the Front Porch, and Installing Interior Columns and a Vanity
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 18, Part 1
The plumber installs a new toilet and vanity in the powder room, and we take a tour of the Kohler factory in Wisconsin where these fixtures are made. Elaborate, custom California Closets are being installed in the master bedroom suite while a versatile, white Melamine system is assembled in Bob’s daughter’s bedroom closet.
- Part 1: Reviewing the Front Porch, and Installing Interior Columns and a Vanity
- Bob reviews the Victorian color scheme and design elements of his front-corner porch. Inside, he meets with trim carpenter David Ives to discuss the staved columns he is installing to visually break up the vestibule and front hall. Bob admires the half bath under the staircase with its tumbled marble mosaic floor and then watches plumber Ron Iadarola attach the "tender gray" Kohler sink to a marble vanity top and install Victorian-style fittings to complete the project.
- Part 2: Touring the Kohler Showroom and Factory in Kohler, WI
- Part 3: Looking at New Bedroom Closets
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom