- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 19: Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom
Reviewing the Landscaping Plans
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 19, Part 1
The landscape architects are on site to present their plans for the yard, and we take a look at what’s been done to prepare for the work. Bob takes us to the Manhattan showroom where he picked out the tile for the house, then back on site we see the correct way to install it in tricky places like the shower.
- Part 1: Reviewing the Landscaping Plans
- Landscaping architects Rick and Nancy Lamb present their ideas to Bob for converting the landscape and creating urban spaces. They have chosen plant materials seen elsewhere on the street and have taken into account Bob's request for a lawn he doesn't have to mow. The Lambs suggest moving the parking area so it is more accessible from the kitchen and family space. They are using the front yard as the staging area for all of the construction materials, including the blue stone for the backyard terrace.
- Part 2: Touring the Country Floors Ceramic Tile Showroom
- Part 3: Installing Tumbled Marble Tile in the Shower
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom