- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 23: Installing Windows and Finishing Planting and Faux Painted Walls
Revising the Landscaping Plan
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 23, Part 1
New storm windows are being installed on the outside of the house, and planting is finishing up in the newly designed front yard. The landscape architects are on site to explain the changes that were required by the city. Inside, a special faux paint finish is being applied in the master bedroom, and we take a peek at how those fabulous tiles have come together in the master bath.
- Part 1: Revising the Landscaping Plan
- Bob talks with Rick Lamb, landscape architect, about revisions to the landscape plan, necessary due to the denial of a zoning variance. Rick discusses the trees and the importance of choosing plants for all seasons. Bob points out the rigid insulation in the redesigned parking area as well as the tubing for hot water that will magically melt the snow.
- Part 2: Applying Decorative Painting Techniques
- Part 3: Installing Paneling in the Master Bedroom Closet
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom