- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 25: Touring the Completed House
Making an Armoire into an Entertainment Center
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 25, Part 2
Good fences make good neighbors, and we’ll see what to do when there’s a tree in the way. Bob tours the finished state-of-the-art kitchen, complete with appliances from 5-Star, Sub-Zero, Jenn-Air and others, then joins Ryley and Greg in the workshop to convert an armoire into an entertainment center. The third floor family room is complete, with a knockout surround sound system from Bose, a 52-inch Phillips TV, and a Marvel mini-fridge.
- Part 1: Building a Privacy Fence and Touring the Completed Kitchen
- Part 2: Making an Armoire into an Entertainment Center
- Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley are in the workshop, constructing an insert for Bob's antique cherry armoire to house his bedroom TV and video collection. The insert, made of cherry veneer plywood, is also dressed with some additional cherry trim to match the armoire. Ryley has precut and rabbited out placements for the shelves to make assembly a snap. Vila and Ryley show how the shelves are glued and nailed into place.
- Part 3: Touring the Completed Third-Floor Family Room
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME