- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 25: Touring the Completed House
Making an Armoire into an Entertainment Center
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 25, Part 2
Good fences make good neighbors, and we’ll see what to do when there’s a tree in the way. Bob tours the finished state-of-the-art kitchen, complete with appliances from 5-Star, Sub-Zero, Jenn-Air and others, then joins Ryley and Greg in the workshop to convert an armoire into an entertainment center. The third floor family room is complete, with a knockout surround sound system from Bose, a 52-inch Phillips TV, and a Marvel mini-fridge.
- Part 1: Building a Privacy Fence and Touring the Completed Kitchen
- Part 2: Making an Armoire into an Entertainment Center
- Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley are in the workshop, constructing an insert for Bob's antique cherry armoire to house his bedroom TV and video collection. The insert, made of cherry veneer plywood, is also dressed with some additional cherry trim to match the armoire. Ryley has precut and rabbited out placements for the shelves to make assembly a snap. Vila and Ryley show how the shelves are glued and nailed into place.
- Part 3: Touring the Completed Third-Floor Family Room
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom