- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 10: Noise Reduction and Security
Brick Façade Restoration
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 10, Part 3
In the main living space of the third floor apartment, a new Solserene acoustical ceiling from Owens Corning is being installed. This product involves a sheathing of cloth material stretched over insulated panels to reduce noise.
Out front, Bob catches up with Jed Walentas to talk about the work being done on the exterior. The pair take a look at the process of masonry tinting that is being done to restore the façade.
- Part 1: Installation of a Home Security Lock System
- Part 2: Acoustical Ceiling for Sound Attenuation
- Part 3: Brick Façade Restoration
- Bob meets with Allan Cox from Nawkaw Corporation to discuss the replacement bricks, which have been aged and roughed up with a grinder, lending them an antique appearance prior to installation.
This process also de-glosses the surface of the brick, so pigments can be added. After three attempts, the New York City Landmarks Commission approved the coloring.
To further conform to the Commission's requests, sand dust must be sprayed into the finish to refract additional light.
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB