- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 13: Elm Court Decor and Ongoing Restoration
Elm Court Stair Hall
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 13, Part 1
The media room has been finished off with Smith + Noble window treatments and Whirlpool appliances have been installed in the laundry room. At the end of the hall, the master bedroom suite is also getting some final touches from Smith + Noble.
A quick tour of an adjacent wing of the home is a stark reminder that the work is far from over.
- Part 1: Elm Court Stair Hall
- Bob meets with Bob and Sonya Berle on one of the many staircases at Elm Court. This stair hall, with views of the gardens through its elongated windows, was painted a historic blue-green color that reflects the earthy tones outside.
The custom balustrades, while not original to the house, are historically accurate to the home's construction. True to the Berles' background, they brought the chandelier from their home in New Orleans.
- Part 2: Elm Court's Unfinished Restoration
- Part 3: Elm Court's Guest Suites
- Part 4: The Bachelor's Den at Elm Court
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT