- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 3: Bathroom Renovation Begins
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 3, Part 1
Bob helps Terry Bates (from Mult-R) with the demolition, and carpenter Bob Ryley is on hand to help with the insulation. A new tub is put in, along with a new stackable washer/dryer.
Lighting designer Markus Earley talks about the lighting in the new bathroom, plus an innovative hydronic heating system.
Last, Bob goes to Pat's studio, where her daughter, PK, is helping create a beautiful tile mural that will go in the shower.
- Part 1: Bathroom Remodel
- Pat and Roger Simons, the owners of the second house in the Elmwood project, review the goals of their bathroom remodel. Their home is a Colonial Revival with original stained glass windows, a coffer ceiling, pocket doors, elaborate trim, and a fireplace with a mantle over it.
The second-floor bathroom is being remodeled. Homeowners Pat and Roger want to make better use of the space, by relocating the washer-dryer and replacing it with a long sink. The toilet and bathtub will also be replaced with new fixtures.
- Part 2: Plumbing Installation and Creating a Tile Mural
- Part 3: Installing Insulation and Plastering
- Part 4: Final Tour of the Completed Second Home in the Project
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD