- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Accessible Home > Episode 6: Building the Railing System
Building a Porch Railing
Project: Accessible Home, Episode 6, Part 1
Bob takes a tour of some of the grand old houses left over from Roxbury's heyday at the turn of the century. After a period of serious urban blight, this once-grand Boston community is making a dramatic comeback.
Back at the site, a few of the housing units have already been plastered, and some windows have been given custom sills.
- Part 1: Building a Porch Railing
- Carpenter Bob Ryley and George (from Crosswinds Enterprises) collaborate to build a porch railing for the accessible home. Looking on, Bob discusses the building codes that pertain to the rail and the materials used.
- Part 2: Tour of Historic Roxbury Architecture
- Part 3: Installing Custom Window Sills
ALL EPISODES IN ACCESSIBLE HOME