- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Kitchen Remodel > Episode 6: Tying Floor Slabs and Building a Partition
Pouring a Concrete Floor
Project: Kitchen Remodel, Episode 6, Part 1
Bob and contractor Ed Weller take on the tricky process of tying together the old and new floor slabs. Work begins on the new family room partition that will take the unique shape of a banana leaf. To make sure the new space stays cool, an HVAC unit and roof insulation are installed.
- Part 1: Pouring a Concrete Floor
- Bob watches a strip of concrete being poured between two existing slabs. Rebar is placed in the existing slabs to prevent cracking, and a joining compound is added to ensure proper adhesion.
- Part 2: Framing a Partition Wall
- Part 3: HVAC System for the Home Addition
This project features the remodeling and expansion of the kitchen and family room of a 15-year-old suburban Miami tract house. Innovative and fun projects include walls built using insulated concrete forms, stucco application, and glass block walls.
ALL EPISODES IN KITCHEN REMODEL