- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 2: Wiring, Plumbing, and Plastering
Removing the Porch Columns
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 2, Part 1
Mike Casas is making quick work of the plaster on the new cathedral ceiling, where new drywall must be married to the old lath and plaster.
Out on the front porch, the contractor removes an existing column without damaging it, or the overhang it supports.
- Part 1: Removing the Porch Columns
- Bob helps remove the front porch columns, so they can be replicated and used on the home's new back porch. Several temporary braces are placed around the porch to support the weight of the roof, once the columns are removed.
- Part 2: Plaster Repair Over Drywall
- Part 3: Plumbing in the Bathroom and Wiring in the Kitchen
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW