- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 9: Floor Tile and Cabinet Installation
Installing Porcelain Mosaic Tile in the Bathroom
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 9, Part 1
The bathroom gets a real treat of a floor tile treatment: green, black, and white hexagonal tiles are laid in an eye-catching pattern that harkens back to the 1920s. New kitchen cabinets are installed, which have been custom-made to match the vintage one purchased by the homeowners. Also, construction of the redwood deck begins on the back porch.
- Part 1: Installing Porcelain Mosaic Tile in the Bathroom
- Bob meets with contractor Cortney Lofton, who is installing porcelain mosaic tiles with acrylic mastic over an existing bathroom mortar bed.
- Part 2: Laying Redwood Decking
- Part 3: Custom-Made Kitchen Cabinets
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW