- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cabin in the Woods > Episode 8: Installing the Kitchen and Patio
Stone Patio, Landscaping, and Outdoor Lighting
Project: Cabin in the Woods, Episode 8, Part 1
The weekend getaway cabin gets an earth-friendly, green kitchen, complete with energy-efficient appliances, recycling bins, a mulching pile, a worm bin, and innovative storage features. The patio and landscaping are underway; Bob explains the advantages of using recycled brick. Construction of the barbecue is also underway.
- Part 1: Stone Patio, Landscaping, and Outdoor Lighting
- Bob joins landscape designer Ruth Foster to discuss her plan for a stone patio and hot tub. Low-voltage outdoor lighting will also be installed.
- Part 2: Decorating the Home
- Part 3: Installing the Outdoor Speakers
Bob Vila explores the concept of sustainable design by putting resource management theories into practice for everyday living. Projects include a pre-cast foundation system, earth-friendly septic system, energy-efficient appliances, and more.
ALL EPISODES IN CABIN IN THE WOODS