- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian > Episode 1: Selecting the Site
Bob Visits Oak Bluffs in Martha's Vineyard
Project: Victorian, Episode 1, Part 1
Bob takes the ferry to the island of Martha's Vineyard, MA and tours Oak Bluffs in order soak in the town's Victorian history. An island realtor shows Bob potential sites for his nextd remodeling project. They wind up at a tiny summer cottage in picturesque East Chop.
- Part 1: Bob Visits Oak Bluffs in Martha's Vineyard
- Bob tours Oak Bluffs, a town on Martha's Vineyard steeped in Victorian history. First stop is the Wesley Hotel, whose history and location on the island Bob discusses before moving on to the Methodist Meeting grounds. Evolving from a circle of tents into small cottages, they are still decked out in Victorian trim and color schemes dating back to the 1860s.
Alan Schwikert (from Ocean Park Realty) gives Bob an overview of the island's topography and its popular places. Then Alan brings Bob to the Tabernacle, built in 1879 and still bearing much of its original ironwork and stained glass.
- Part 2: Touring Homes on Martha's Vineyard
- Part 3: The Search Ends for a Home on Martha's Vineyard
Bob Vila tackles a remodeling and construction project on the island of Martha's Vineyard. The expansion of the cabin transforms a tiny vacation home into a spacious family retreat with an authentic 'Vineyard Victorian' look.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila