- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 9: Waterproofing the Deck and Framing the Porch Roof
Applying Exterior Trim to the Dormer Window
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 9, Part 1
Bob checks in to see how the exterior trim is being applied on the new roof. He also monitors the master bedroom suite to oversee the waterproofing of the private deck with rubber roofing. Progress on the farmer's porch continues as carpenters frame the roof.
- Part 1: Applying Exterior Trim to the Dormer Window
- Bob helps carpenter Bob Ryley apply exterior trim to the gable end dormer window. Ryley demonstrates how to avoid seams, how to transfer an angle from the roof to the trim, and how to create the perfect triangular cut for the ear board.
- Part 2: Applying Rubber Roofing and Flashing
- Part 3: Framing the Porch Roof
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila