- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 11: Wall Framing and Wiring the Security System
Reviewing the Unfinished Kitchen
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 11, Part 1
Bob explains the new kitchen layout, and why strapping is on the ceiling supporting drywall. At the Boston Design Center, he picks out European kitchen cabinets. Contractor Larry Landers frames a "wet wall" and discusses the new security system being wired into the house.
- Part 1: Reviewing the Unfinished Kitchen
- Bob reviews the new staircase in the entry hall before he and contractor Larry Landers tour the kitchen, pointing out where furniture, appliances, and fixtures will likely reside.
- Part 2: European Kitchen Cabinet Showroom
- Part 3: Installing "Wet" Walls and Protection Systems
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION